1) Battery Management System (BMS): According to the chemical characteristics of the lithium iron phosphate lithium battery itself and the working characteristics of the forklift, the protection circuit is designed in a targeted manner. In addition to functions such as overcharge, over-discharge, overcurrent, and short circuit protection, the protection board The design also fully considers the problem of high-power heat dissipation and the balance of the entire battery pack. The entire protection board uses aluminum alloy as the heat dissipation substrate, and the temperature rise is less than 20 degrees.
2) Protection circuit: Imported IC and MOS tubes are used to conduct online real-time monitoring of overcharge, over-discharge, overcurrent, short circuit, and other functions on the battery cell so that the battery cell can work in a safe, stable, and efficient range.
3) Overcurrent fuse: It is mainly designed for the protection failure of the battery management system of the lithium battery itself. Since the battery pack uses high-power cells with relatively large capacity, although the battery management system has over-current and short-circuit protection, if an abnormality occurs, the protection function will also fail. In the case of an output short circuit, a very large current will be generated, resulting in danger. Therefore, an overcurrent fuse is added to the scheme. When an abnormal short circuit occurs, the fuse disconnects the circuit and cannot be restored, so as to achieve the purpose of abnormal protection.
4) Batteries: MANLY 32700/3.2V/6000mAh lithium iron phosphate batteries are used. The maximum charging rate of this battery can reach 1C, and the maximum discharge rate can reach 2C. The battery itself has multiple safety protection functions. The cell has a built-in thermistor (PTC), and the unit structure is also isolated by PTC when combined to prevent the occurrence of surge currents.
5) The whole set of battery parameters: 25.6V/80Ah (usually nominal: 24V80Ah). The normal working current is 30A, the maximum working current can reach 50A, and the instantaneous starting current can reach 120A.
6) Resistive equalization is adopted inside the battery pack, which can effectively compensate for the capacity reduction caused by the difference of single cells during use, and maximize the service life of the battery. 7) Battery parallel unit: PTC isolation is used to avoid inrush safety problems caused by large capacity.
8) The high-current main circuit of the battery uses copper strips as current collectors to make the discharge current of the single battery as close as possible.
9) The battery pack uses a plastic bracket to isolate and fix the battery cells, which is more conducive to heat dissipation and safe use of the battery.